Endorsements for Delegates – Local Station Board Elections
Pacifica has sent out ballots to all Pacifica members for the 2021 Delegate/LSB elections. Look for your e-ballot, sent Aug. 16, from “Pacifica Foundation <email@example.com>”, or look in your spam folder if you can’t find it in your inbox.
VERY IMPORTANT: We urge you to vote today, ranking ALL of the candidates listed below for your station, for your membership category (listener or staff), not just your top 1 or 2 or 3 choices.
Jump to endorsements for KPFA KPFK KPFT
(no endorsements for WBAI or WPFW)
Click if you Did Not Get a Ballot
For KPFA Listener Members, please vote for:
- Donald Goldmacher, Documentary Filmmaker, KPFA Board Member
- Catherine Tactaquin, Migrant Rights Advocate
- Jake Varghese, Board Member, Our Revolution East Bay, software engineer
- Fred Dodsworth, Journalist, Editor, Housing Activist
- Zack Kaldveer, Media Specialist, Environmental Advocate
- Brian Crowell, Teacher Union Organizer
- Leslie Howard, Yoga Educator, Fundraiser, Activist
- Carlos Kohan, Physicist, Engineer, Latin America Analyst
(no endorsements for KPFA Staff members)
For KPFK Listener Members, please vote for:
- Robert Payne – Writer, video director, university instructor
- Christina Avalos – Therapist, community organizer, Latina activist, artist/writer
- Will Ryan – Radio/TV host and writer, cineloquist, union volunteer
- Adam Wolman – Television creative exec, Disney-ABC diversity programs mentor, WGA member, documentary producer, Human Rights Watch activist
- Carlos Zavala – Mechanical engineer, Global Environmentalist & energy conservationist, economics, global issues
- Oye Oyeyipo – STEM teaching fellow, Advocate and docent Allensworth Park (Black historical park)
- Nancy Pearlman – Environmentalist, radio broadcaster, producer of documentaries, Community College Board Member (ret.)
For KPFK Staff Members, please vote for:
- Myla Reson, Anti-Nuclear and anti-war activist, environmentalist, volunteer on Solartopia
For KPFT Listener Members, please vote for:
- Teresa Allen – experienced community & non-profit organizer
- Susan Young – experienced community & non-profit organizer
- Sean Kelly McPherson – problem solver, attorney, KPFT supporter since high school
- Frank Henry Pratka – political union organizer, American Federation of Teachers
- Bill Stone – experienced nonprofit board member, mediator & attorney
- Ron Stubbers – engineer, writer, proficient board member
- Todd Walker – governance & finance experience, entrepreneur
- Bob Locander –professor, union officer, author, experienced board member
- Jane Scheidler – mediator, coalition-builder, former KPFT programmer
Endorsers — See some of the many KPFT program hosts who are endorsing these candidates here.
For KPFT Staff Members, please vote for:
- David Britton, Spare Change
- Lilian Care, Progressive Forum
- Dalton Harris, Bluegrass Depot
- Jerry Fowler, Church of the Infinite
- Tom Harper, The Prison Show and Veterans of War Show
- Egberto Willies, Politics Done Right
Didn’t get a ballot?
Look in your e-mail for a message from Pacifica Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org, with instructions on voting online. E-mail reminders may be sent regularly, if your station has your correct e-mail address. Otherwise, you should receive a paper ballot during the last half of August. If you did not get either a paper or electronic ballot by now, please fill out the official ballot request form right away and provide all needed information – and be sure to click on the Submit button at the bottom. You should immediately get an e-mail confirmation of your request, but it may take up to two weeks to get your membership verified and for you to get a ballot.
If you donated at least $25 to your station during the period July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021, then you are a member eligible to vote in these Delegate/LSB elections, and should receive a ballot. If two people in your family jointly donated at least $50 during that year, then each of you should receive a ballots. So fill out the above form if you did not get your ballot (or both ballots if there are two of you). If only one of you got a ballot, the second family member should fill out the form with their name and contact information, but indicate in the “other information” box at the end of the form the name and contact information of your first family member, so that both of you are listed on the form. That may help to locate your member information. If you remember when you donated, that may help, too.
Our National Election Supervisor has asked that we be patient on replacement ballot requests, especially if they have to look up donation records. She also asked not to submit two requests. But don’t wait until the last minute to request a ballot, as your ballot must be received by October 15 to be counted!